Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Apple Hearts



When I was thinking about what to make for dinner the other night, I decided to do something quick and simple that involved Miss M. She hadn't eaten much that day or the day before since she wasn't feeling well, so I wanted to make something she'd be excited about.

I decided mini pizzas and apples would be perfect to make with a little kid-help. I pulled out a little heart cookie cutter and the ingredients. Miss M was excited to cut out little cheese hearts and put the pizzas together. While they were cooking, I sliced an apple and cut the core out with the cookie cutter. Miss M loved the apples and ate twice as many as usual. She had a great time looking through the holes and trying to wear them as bracelets.

It was such a hit! I need to find more simple ways to make her food that exciting. I definitely think food is more fun when presented differently.


Do you have any fun food ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...