Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fresh, Homemade Dill Pickles



I had been wanting to try a food co-op for a while, and a few weeks ago I finally decided to give it a shot. I joined Bountiful Baskets and have loved it. One week I had three cucumbers in my basket. I'm not a big cucumber lover. I like it in tzatziki. I can tolerate it alright in a salad if I have to, but that's about it. However, I do like dill pickles. I remembered my sister-in-law had let me try some fresh pickles she made a few months ago. She sent me the recipe, and I ended up with some very delicious homemade dill pickles.

I made an oops and added too much garlic. I do love garlic, but these little pickles are pretty strong. They are amazingly delicious chopped up in tuna or chicken salad.

If you have too many cucumbers or are a pickle lover, give these a try. They are crunchy and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...