Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Food Revolution Take 2


Last night I watched the Season 2 premiere of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I watched the first season last year and was pretty grossed out by the kinds of things school kids were being fed. The chicken nugget demonstration was nasty. Ick. This year, I think the pink slime demo topped it. Thinking about ammonia in my food and especially children's food is downright disgusting and oh so wrong.


What are we teaching our children by feeding them this junk? How will they ever learn to respect themselves and love their bodies if we teach them it's ok to stuff them with such harmful food?


Our society is in need of a big wake-up call to not just to take care of our own bodies, but to teach our children to do the same.


Like any change you want to see, it starts with you.


You decide what to feed yourself.


You decide what to feed your children.


You decide what to purchase.


You cast your vote daily with your choices.


What are you going to choose?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched. But, in general, my kids eat pretty well. They'd live off fruit if I let them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am late joining in this year, but I was a huge fan after the first season. I, too, remember the chicken nugget demo...bleck! Scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched the first episode - definitely eye opening!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...