Friday, April 8, 2011

No words can describe

It's a cool, rainy day here. It will be like this tomorrow, and it is fitting. Last Friday morning, Husband called. When I answered, his voice was solemn and noticeably shaken. He could hardly talk. After a moment, he quietly told me that our friend's little boy had passed away the night before. It is always heartbreaking to hear about the loss of a child, but now that I have my own children, I can hardly bear to think about it. Our friend sweetly asked Husband if there was any chance that he would be able to make the four hour drive to play the piano at his son's funeral. Of course, there was no question that we would attend. Such a small, insignificant token we could offer to this grieving family. I cannot even imagine.
The messages from this past Conference were a good dose of hope for us last weekend as we thought about our grieving friends. One talk last Saturday was very timely. The speaker mentioned caring for his young son in the middle of the night and how he will always remember that night. His son passed away a few months later. I believe in eternal families. I believe that I will be with my own family forever, and that is a truth that I rely on in times like this. I know our friends are doing the same. I'm spending the day getting things packed, and the house in some sort of semi-order before we take off tonight. We'll be taking the kiddos to my in-laws. It is a relief to not have to bring them on this whirlwind trip.

Wishing you a lovely, reflective weekend. Hug the ones you love and make peace with the ones you don't quite yet. Life is fragile, but the human heart is strong and resilient.


Photos found here.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of your friend's family at this extraordinarily difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...