Thursday, May 5, 2011

Exploring

The last couple of days we have started to explore our new area more.

Source: tumblr.com via Ariel on Pinterest



We finally went to the library in our new city. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't as cool as the one by our last place. But to Miss M, it's still a fantastic place to explore and find lots of great books, and that's what matters. We have been devouring our new books. I love reading to Miss M. I love to watch her little facial expressions as we read and listen to her cute comments about the stories.



On Tuesday, Husband came home early, and by early I mean before six o'clock. He surprised Miss M with a gift certificate to get a treat at a local dessert bakery. She was so excited and hurried to finish her dinner. Upon walking into the bakery, Miss M's eyes got big, and she started looking at the pretty cupcakes and other treats in the glass cases. We let her pick out what she wanted and headed home to eat. Miss M and Mr. T each thoroughly enjoyed half a cupcake. They had a bath directly after. Small, simple outtings like this make being a parent so fun.



Yesterday, we went to our neighborhood park. I met a few other moms, and we thoroughly enjoyed the fresh air. Miss M was surprisingly nervous to play with the other kids. She kept asking me to come play with her, so I also enjoyed a few good runs down the slide. I'm thrilled it's supposed to be warm all week! Playing outside is the best.

My mom is flying in this afternoon. I'm excited to see her and let the kids have grandma time. I sure wish my dad was coming, too. He's headed to Japan for business instead.



Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a kid again? When life was magical, simple, and full of play and learning. Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back with the knowledge I have now. Maybe I would do things differently. I know it doesn't work that way, but sometimes I just wonder what it would be like. And sometimes, it would be nice to be carefree again.


Do you ever think about being a kid again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...