Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grow citrus trees indoors


Did you know that you can grow citrus trees indoors? I had no idea until I read this article in the February issue of Martha Stewart Living. I got so excited that I could possibly grow lemons indoors. Then I got nervous because I don't want to get one only to kill it.


I'm a little inexperienced when it comes to growing things. The only plant I've ever had was a ridiculously resilient spider plant that didn't care if I forgot to water it for three weeks. It still survived. I had it for about ten years or so. In addition to Meyer lemons, you can grow limes, oranges, tangerines, pomegranates and more.


I'm still going to get a little citrus tree eventually. I love delicious citrus way too much to not give it a go.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I would so love to have my own little citrus tree indoors - I imagine it would smell amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I would try it, but I'm not sure I have the space for a larger plant like that. Right now I'm trying to start a cutting from a Christmas Cactus. It's not going well. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...